RE: [soapbuilders] Quest for SOAP Interoperability

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002

      #1.

      I tried to give several examples: passing a decimal with 40 digits of
      precision is legal, but relying on all 40 digits to make it to the other
      end is not wise. Similar statement can be made about fractional seconds
      with dates. Or trailing zeros on decimals. Or multi-ref of primitive
      types...

      None of these should be outlawed (IMHO), but we all would benefit if each
      implementation (this may include the application) had a standard document
      describing how it handles each of these cases.

      Think in terms of the food product labelling.

      - Sam Ruby
    • Matt Long
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
        > Think in terms of the food product labelling.
        >
        > - Sam Ruby

        This is a good idea, imo. However, some lite-trending may need to be done
        such that it is not perceived as a "cigarette labeling." Perhaps it is time
        to derive an issues list and proceed with the process of what such a list
        should contain. Some agreement could be attempted to be forged in Waltham.

        Is this conceptually possible or out-of-scope?

        -Matt Long
        Phalanx Systems, LLC
      • ARVIND KUMAR
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2002
          dear sir,
          i'am arvind kumar from chennai ( india ) doing a
          project on web services using xml and soap . sir i
          would like to know what all other methods are there
          other than soap ? like now we are able to access the
          methods using soap from the server but how can we get
          access to the properties of the objects located at the
          server( a web server or any kind of server platform
          independent). please do elighten me in these areas for
          which i will be highly grateful to you.
          thanking you
          yours sincerely
          arvind kumar.

          http://auctions.yahoo.com
        • ARVIND KUMAR
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2002
            dear sir,
            i'am arvind kumar from chennai ( india ) doing a
            project on web services using xml and soap . sir i
            would like to know how we maintain the uniqueness of
            the ports used in the wsdl/wdml files ? what are the
            extreme advantages of using soap ? do we have any
            other tools to do the same ? please do elighten me in