Question about .NET Remoting

  • Mike Ni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2002

      This is a question regarding Microsoft's .NET remote
      platform:

      If I understand it right, the remote server object of
      the .NET platform can be hosted by the "MANAGED EXE"
      in addition to the IIS as well. Yet, I think I am
      missing something here since I couldn't identify how
      the server object/program is able to advertise its own
      availability to the cleint out there.

      Also, how is the client able to find out the road
      direction leading to where the server object exists?

      Any help or informations are appreciated.

      Thanks
      Mike

      http://auctions.yahoo.com