Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

  • krystisam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2002

      I am a new member of this group. I am currently trying to reference
      a java web service. I created a .NET thin client application. I
      referenced the java web service. There are apparently two wsdl
      files. I can only add Web Reference to one of the files. I have no
      clue what to do w/ the other wsdl file. I wrote in some code to use
      the new web service. I tried to test my app by hitting F5 and I get
      this error:

      Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

      Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is
      empty.

      Source Error:

      Line 32: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute
      ("http://tempuri.org/", RequestNamespace:="http://tempuri.org/Lease",
      ResponseNamespace:="http://tempuri.org/Lease")> _
      Line 33: Public Function calculateLeasePayment(ByVal msrp As
      Double, ByVal negPrice As Double, ByVal downPayment As Double, ByVal
      interestRate As Single, ByVal leaseTerm As Integer, ByVal
      residualValuePercent As Single) As
      <System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("result")> Double
      Line 34: Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke
      ("calculateLeasePayment", New Object() {msrp, negPrice, downPayment,
      interestRate, leaseTerm, residualValuePercent})
      Line 35: Return CType(results(0),Double)
      Line 36: End Function

      Has anyone ever tried to reference a java web service? If so, please
      help.

      Krysti