WSDL "documents"

  • W. Matthew Long
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2001
      I see that a most of the soap service providers are not requiring a
      one to one relationship with the SOAPAction header and their
      respective rpc method calls. Also, the WSDL that is created to
      describe these calls in generally in the form.

      <binding ...>
      <soap:binding style="rpc" .../>
      <operation ...>
      <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <input>
      <soap:body .../>
      </input>
      <output>
      <soap:body .../>
      </output>
      </operation>
      <operation ...>
      <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <input>
      <soap:body .../>
      </input>
      <output>
      <soap:body .../>
      </output>
      </operation>
      </binding>

      One would have to look at the operation name of the request to
      determine the correct method call to utilize in these two requests
      has the SOAPAction headers are identical. This does not trouble me
      for rpc. However this is extremely troublesome for a WSDL document
      that is mixed with rpc and document types inside the same binding.

      Question: Is the following statement true/false???
      Since a document is entombed inside the :Body element there is no
      distinguishing element as in the rpc. Therefore, when a WSDL binding
      has document(s) inside the same binding it should reference a unique
      SOAPAction action header to understand the routing.