Re: [soapbuilders] HP endpoint WSDL

  • Rosimildo da Silva
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 6, 2002
      From: Kirill Gavrylyuk
      To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 8:02 PM
      Subject: RE: [soapbuilders] HP endpoint WSDL

      Hopefully next versions of WSDL will remove distinction between encoded
      and literal modes and SOAP 1.2 will makes array serialization rules more
      strict. But those will be next versions of WSDL and SOAP.

      Rosimildo:
      I am really hopeful that *big changes* will come from SOAP and WSDL
      on their next incarnations. Specially, something like POA with rules on
      how to map things from/to languages from the WSDL side, and a
      SOAP spec that is not more than a couple of pages.

      Rosimildo.

    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 6, 2002
        Hi, Alan!
        I agree with
        "WSDL arrays can always contain nils because that is the way WSDL is
        defined."
        Yes we have only one way of defining Section 5 arrays recommended by
        WSDL spec - which is used in the current interop wsdls. Any additional
        restrictions on array declaration in schema are at least not specified
        if not forbidden by the current binding between schema in WSDL and SOAP
        Section 5.

        So best interop under current WSDL spec would be achieved by following
        what is specified there. But I agree that your points should be
        definitely taken to the next version of WSDL spec.
        Thank you

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 7, 2002
          I received xsd.double in group B echoStructAsSimpleTypes ( see part of
          response below ) from your endpoint http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/interop
          which causes ClassCastException. Your wsdl states that outpuFloat is of type
          http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:float

          Group B fail

          <SOAP:Body>
          <cli:echoStructAsSimpleTypesResponse xmlns:cli='http://soapinterop.org/'>
          <outputString xsi:type="xsd:string" dt:dt="string">wasp for
          java</outputString>
          <outputInteger xsi:type="xsd:int" dt:dt="int">5</outputInteger>

          <outputFloat xsi:type="xsd:double" dt:dt="double">1.234000</outputFloat>

          </cli:echoStructAsSimpleTypesResponse>
          </SOAP:Body>
          </SOAP:Envelope>

          Base is clean except for some precision loss in echoDecimal

          Tomas Bahnik
          Systinet
        • Kingsley Idehen
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 7, 2002
            Thomas,

            We will take a look.

            Kingsley

          • Daniel Kulp
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 7, 2002
              On Friday 04 January 2002 04:24, CHEN,SHIH-CHANG (HP-NewJersey,ex2) wrote:
              > All the wsdl bugs you reported should have been fixed on
              > http://soap.bluestone.com/hpws/soap/EchoService.wsdl

              I've updated the XMLBus client results page at:
              http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002/results/index.html
              to include the HP Soap results.

              The array tests are all failing cause the namespaces in the result
              messages are defined wrong. Note the SOAP-ENC namespace definition
              inside the "return" element. With that namespace definition there, the
              xsi:type is wrong and the SOAP-ENC:arrayType attribute is then an invalid
              attribute. (The "SOAP-ENC" prefix is pointing to the "xsi" namespace) I
              believe if the second SOAP-ENC namespace definition is removed (it is
              defined correctly in the parent element) then the tests should pass.

              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
              <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
              <SOAP-ENV:Body>
              <m1:echoIntegerArrayResponse
              xmlns:m1="http://soapinterop.org/"
              xmlns:s0="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
              <return SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:int[5]"
              xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
              xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">
              <item xsi:type="xsd:int">3836377</item>
              <item xsi:type="xsd:int">1250845</item>
              <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-4678540</item>
              <item xsi:type="xsd:int">2271716</item>
              <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-773413</item>
              </return>
              </m1:echoIntegerArrayResponse>
              </SOAP-ENV:Body>
              </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

              Enjoy!

              --
              J. Daniel Kulp
              Principal Engineer
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 9, 2002
                Tomas,

                We have updated our interop endpoints at:
                http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/services.wsdl
                And
                http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/interop/services.wsdl

                The problems raised in your mail below have been addressed.

                Regards,

                Kingsley Idehen
                OpenLink Software
                http://www.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/whatis.htm

                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 9, 2002
                  > Tomas,
                  >
                  > We have updated our interop endpoints at:
                  > http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/services.wsdl
                  > And
                  > http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/interop/services.wsdl
                  >
                  > The problems raised in your mail below have been addressed.

                  The response is correct, the only problem is in your wsdl

                  <message name="echoStructAsSimpleTypesResponse">
                  <part name="outputString" type="xsd:string" />
                  <part name="outputInteger" type="xsd:int" />
                  <part name="outputFloat" type="xsd:float" />
                  <part name="CallReturn" type="xsd:string" />
                  ^^^^^^^^
                  </message>

                  and since your response is

                  <SOAP:Body>
                  <cli:echoStructAsSimpleTypesResponse xmlns:cli='http://soapinterop.org/'>
                  <outputString xsi:type="xsd:string" dt:dt="string">wasp for
                  java</outputString>
                  <outputInteger xsi:type="xsd:int" dt:dt="int">5</outputInteger>
                  <outputFloat xsi:type='xsd:float'>1.234</outputFloat>
                  </cli:echoStructAsSimpleTypesResponse>
                  </SOAP:Body>

                  we get null for outputString. Just remove CallReturn part (as in the
                  standard wsdl.)

                  *********END OF RESPONSE ***********

                  Tomas Bahnik

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 9, 2002