Re: [soapbuilders] [ANN] Spray PolyMorph service

  • NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 23, 2001
      Hi Steve,

      Thank you. And I also thank you for special treatment
      about SOAP4R.

      > I added a couple more tests;

      Interesting.

      > The "(id = base64)" tests a multi-reference to an Array of
      > bytes using the "special" inline rule [2] (serialization rule
      > 6). SOAP4R echoes the value as a string. Note that Spray uses
      > the type xsd:base64Binary not enc:base64, which may make this
      > test invalid.

      Since SOAP4R maps base64 data to a String for developer's
      convenience, SOAP4R seems to lost type information.
      Ruby's string can contain any data like:
      $ ruby -e 'puts (( "\0" * 100 ).size)'
      100
      On the other hand, echoBase64 method in SOAP4R endpoint
      returns base64 encoded string after converting it explicitly
      by itself.

      > The "(pos - href href)" test is a form that Spray would never
      > serialize, but may need to deserialize? My reading of the
      > schema [3] is that it is valid for an element to have both id
      > and href attributes, and I can not see anything in the rules
      > that makes it illegal. An edited example is:

      > <id1 id="id1" href="#id2"/>
      > <id2 id="id2"><..../></id2>
      >
      > Thoughts?

      My understanding of ref-to-ref is in [1]. The reason
      why I think it is not allowed is the spec does not say
      "it is allowed" explicitly. Others: how do you think?

      Regards,
      // NaHi

      P.S.
      In [1], I wrote "SOAP4R also supports ref-of-ref". You
      nailed it's a lie. Possibly I broke href/id code. Good
      catch.