Re: ANNOUNCE: ws-announce (was: RE: [soapbuilders] Re: [ANN] WASP UDDI 3.1 Standard)

  • Dan Brickley
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2001
      Hi

      On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Tony Hong wrote:

      > Not to propogate Yet Another List, but I've created a new yahoo group called
      > "ws-announce" (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ws-announce) *specifically*
      > for web services product and service announcements (please let me know if
      > there is another list for this already - I don't want to reinvent the wheel)
      > . It's unmoderated and open. I hope this list will satisfy vendor's
      > announcment needs while keeping the soapbuilders discussion as focused on
      > interop as possible.

      W3C hosts a mailing list for discussion of Web services and related
      technology (www-ws@...). Unlike ws-announce, www-ws@... is a
      discussion list. I honestly have no opinion on whether an announce-only
      list is a useful addition, but imagine that most such announcments would also be
      worth sending to www-ws (please use 'ANNOUNCE:' in subject line so
      listmembers can filter on that). I would suggest that the more
      technical content the better for announcements to www-ws@..., though I
      didn't set the list up or set the scope. Hugo Haas (cc:'d) might have more
      thoughts on this.

      Web archive and more info:
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws/

      See Hugo's welcome msg of 2001-03-21 for more details,
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws/2001Mar/0002.html

      cheers,

      Dan

      --