Re: [soapbuilders] Publishing endpoints in UDDI

  • Andy Grove
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
      Thanks Simon - these are useful services but surely we (the vendors) need to
      start
      including UDDI interoperability as well as SOAP and WSDL?

      I realise that many people are early on in the adoption curve with UDDI but
      I have
      seen vendors use UDDI in highly incompatible ways so far, and this is likely
      become an important issue for users next year.

      I imagine that there are two aspects to UDDI interoperability that this
      group should
      be interested in:

      1) Making sure that products can recognize services registered by other
      products
      2) Testing each vendor's UDDI registry implementation

      Admittedly, the second point here is perhaps outside the focus of this
      particular
      group but the first one, simple as it may be, is quite relevant and also
      provides
      a convenient and standardised way to automate testing between vendors.

      Thanks,

      Andy Grove
      Cape Clear Softtware
      andy.grove@...