Re: [soapbuilders] Re: XMLBus endpoints updated

  • Daniel Kulp
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
      > SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
      > http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
      > cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus
      >
      > Fails
      > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
      > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
      > No one won't complaint about this.

      We definitely don't have any plans to support this anytime soon. msec
      accuracy is "good enough" for us. (Basically, it has to do with the JAVA
      Calendar object that we use for dates. It only goes to msec.)

      > 2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
      > but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
      > XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

      Personally, I think the test for this is invalid. According to the
      description of the Round 2/Base service at:
      http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl
      the parameter should be xsd:base64Binary. If you are sending something
      other than that, then your test isn't testing Round 2/Base endpoints.
      (unless you are testing to see if the server throws a fault) If the
      server is expecing a SOAP-ENC:base64 object, then that server is not a
      proper Round 2/Base endpoint.

      Anyway, I feel what we are doing here is correct.

      > 3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

      Nope, not yet. It's getting higher and higher on the priority list
      though.

      > I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

      Thanks for creating a fairly comprehensive set of test cases to point
      out some of the problems. It's definitly been a big help.

      --
      J. Daniel Kulp
      Principal Engineer
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
        I tried using your web client to test out GLUE, and had major problems
        with a few things. Your static client failed everywhere, with a Remote
        Exception, wrapping an IOException, wrapping a FileNotFoundException.
        (See attached Stack Trace.) The proxy client did well, except for
        echoHexBinary and echoVoid.

        --Wes

        //Stack Trace follows
        java.rmi.RemoteException: Error doing soap stuff; nested exception is:
        java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
        java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
        at
        sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
        tion.java(Compiled Code))
        at
        java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java(Compil
        ed Code))
        at
        com.iona.webservices.client.j2se.J2SEUtils.doSoapIO(J2SEUtils.java(Compi
        led Code))
        at
        InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.doSoapIO(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.jav
        a:631)
        at
        InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.echoHexBinary(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClien
        t.java:539)
        at
        com.iona.webservices.interoptester.echotests.EchoHexBinTest.runTest(Echo
        HexBinTest.java:25)
        at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.runTest(Tester.java:98)
        at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.run(Tester.java:152)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)