Re: XMLBus endpoints updated

  • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001

      > Fails
      > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
      > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
      > No one won't complaint about this.

      Gee. Must be "No one will complaint about this."

      Sorry,
      // NaHi
    • Matt Long
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
        Hi Daniel,

        > Phalanx is just very slow. We only give the clients 10 minutes to
        > complete. Phalanx wasn't able to complete all the tests in that time.
        > It might be a rounting issue or similar.

        Sorry about that we've been up and down for two days making upgrades.

        Thx,

        -Matt
      • Daniel Kulp
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
          > SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
          > http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
          > cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus
          >
          > Fails
          > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
          > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
          > No one won't complaint about this.

          We definitely don't have any plans to support this anytime soon. msec
          accuracy is "good enough" for us. (Basically, it has to do with the JAVA
          Calendar object that we use for dates. It only goes to msec.)

          > 2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
          > but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
          > XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

          Personally, I think the test for this is invalid. According to the
          description of the Round 2/Base service at:
          http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl
          the parameter should be xsd:base64Binary. If you are sending something
          other than that, then your test isn't testing Round 2/Base endpoints.
          (unless you are testing to see if the server throws a fault) If the
          server is expecing a SOAP-ENC:base64 object, then that server is not a
          proper Round 2/Base endpoint.

          Anyway, I feel what we are doing here is correct.

          > 3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

          Nope, not yet. It's getting higher and higher on the priority list
          though.

          > I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

          Thanks for creating a fairly comprehensive set of test cases to point
          out some of the problems. It's definitly been a big help.

          --
          J. Daniel Kulp
          Principal Engineer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
            I tried using your web client to test out GLUE, and had major problems
            with a few things. Your static client failed everywhere, with a Remote
            Exception, wrapping an IOException, wrapping a FileNotFoundException.
            (See attached Stack Trace.) The proxy client did well, except for
            echoHexBinary and echoVoid.

            --Wes

            //Stack Trace follows
            java.rmi.RemoteException: Error doing soap stuff; nested exception is:
            java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
            java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
            at
            sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
            tion.java(Compiled Code))
            at
            java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java(Compil
            ed Code))
            at
            com.iona.webservices.client.j2se.J2SEUtils.doSoapIO(J2SEUtils.java(Compi
            led Code))
            at
            InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.doSoapIO(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.jav
            a:631)
            at
            InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.echoHexBinary(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClien
            t.java:539)
            at
            com.iona.webservices.interoptester.echotests.EchoHexBinTest.runTest(Echo
            HexBinTest.java:25)
            at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.runTest(Tester.java:98)
            at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.run(Tester.java:152)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)