Re: XMLBus endpoints updated

  • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001

      > We've updated the endpoints at http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002 to
      our
      > "latest and greatest" 2.1.0 release which should fix most of the
      interop
      > problems that have been reported. Could everyone please re-run
      their
      > tests at some point and let me know about any issues?

      SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
      http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
      cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus

      Fails
      1. DateTime with long precision such as
      "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
      No one won't complaint about this.

      2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
      but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
      XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

      3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

      I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

      Regards,
      // NaHi
    • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001

        > Fails
        > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
        > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
        > No one won't complaint about this.

        Gee. Must be "No one will complaint about this."

        Sorry,
        // NaHi
      • Matt Long
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
          Hi Daniel,

          > Phalanx is just very slow. We only give the clients 10 minutes to
          > complete. Phalanx wasn't able to complete all the tests in that time.
          > It might be a rounting issue or similar.

          Sorry about that we've been up and down for two days making upgrades.

          Thx,

          -Matt
        • Daniel Kulp
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
            > SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
            > http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
            > cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus
            >
            > Fails
            > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
            > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
            > No one won't complaint about this.

            We definitely don't have any plans to support this anytime soon. msec
            accuracy is "good enough" for us. (Basically, it has to do with the JAVA
            Calendar object that we use for dates. It only goes to msec.)

            > 2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
            > but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
            > XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

            Personally, I think the test for this is invalid. According to the
            description of the Round 2/Base service at:
            http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl
            the parameter should be xsd:base64Binary. If you are sending something
            other than that, then your test isn't testing Round 2/Base endpoints.
            (unless you are testing to see if the server throws a fault) If the
            server is expecing a SOAP-ENC:base64 object, then that server is not a
            proper Round 2/Base endpoint.

            Anyway, I feel what we are doing here is correct.

            > 3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

            Nope, not yet. It's getting higher and higher on the priority list
            though.

            > I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

            Thanks for creating a fairly comprehensive set of test cases to point
            out some of the problems. It's definitly been a big help.

            --
            J. Daniel Kulp
            Principal Engineer
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
              I tried using your web client to test out GLUE, and had major problems
              with a few things. Your static client failed everywhere, with a Remote
              Exception, wrapping an IOException, wrapping a FileNotFoundException.
              (See attached Stack Trace.) The proxy client did well, except for
              echoHexBinary and echoVoid.

              --Wes

              //Stack Trace follows
              java.rmi.RemoteException: Error doing soap stuff; nested exception is:
              java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
              java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
              at
              sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
              tion.java(Compiled Code))
              at
              java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java(Compil
              ed Code))
              at
              com.iona.webservices.client.j2se.J2SEUtils.doSoapIO(J2SEUtils.java(Compi
              led Code))
              at
              InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.doSoapIO(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.jav
              a:631)
              at
              InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.echoHexBinary(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClien
              t.java:539)
              at
              com.iona.webservices.interoptester.echotests.EchoHexBinTest.runTest(Echo
              HexBinTest.java:25)
              at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.runTest(Tester.java:98)
              at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.run(Tester.java:152)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)