XMLBus endpoints updated

  • Daniel Kulp
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2001
      We've updated the endpoints at http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002 to our
      "latest and greatest" 2.1.0 release which should fix most of the interop
      problems that have been reported. Could everyone please re-run their
      tests at some point and let me know about any issues?

      I've also updated our client results. A couple servers now have invalid
      WSDL files so we've "lost" compatibility with them. SIM and OpenLink
      don't have a service entry in thier WSDL. Thus, the clients have no idea
      where to connect.

      Phalanx is just very slow. We only give the clients 10 minutes to
      complete. Phalanx wasn't able to complete all the tests in that time.
      It might be a rounting issue or similar.

      As always, we thank the entire soapbuilders community for their help
      makeing all the SOAP products better. We invite everyone to come to our
      sites, http://www.xmlbus.com and http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002, and play
      around. I also encourage the other soap vendors to use our automated
      client tester on http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002/InteropTest/index.jsp to
      test our client against your server as you fix bugs and such.

      Thanks!

      --
      J. Daniel Kulp
      Principal Engineer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2001
        Everything passes from here [Wooo Hooo !] except
        echoStructAsSimpleTypes which doesn't appear to be implemented in the
        group B tests.

        www.pocketsoap.com

      • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001

          > We've updated the endpoints at http://interop.xmlbus.com:7002 to
          our
          > "latest and greatest" 2.1.0 release which should fix most of the
          interop
          > problems that have been reported. Could everyone please re-run
          their
          > tests at some point and let me know about any issues?

          SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
          http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
          cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus

          Fails
          1. DateTime with long precision such as
          "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
          No one won't complaint about this.

          2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
          but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
          XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

          3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

          I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

          Regards,
          // NaHi
        • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001

            > Fails
            > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
            > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
            > No one won't complaint about this.

            Gee. Must be "No one will complaint about this."

            Sorry,
            // NaHi
          • Matt Long
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
              Hi Daniel,

              > Phalanx is just very slow. We only give the clients 10 minutes to
              > complete. Phalanx wasn't able to complete all the tests in that time.
              > It might be a rounting issue or similar.

              Sorry about that we've been up and down for two days making upgrades.

              Thx,

              -Matt
            • Daniel Kulp
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
                > SOAP4R client - XMLBus server test result: 74/82 => 78/82
                > http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
                > cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-IONA+XMLBus
                >
                > Fails
                > 1. DateTime with long precision such as
                > "2001-06-16T18:13:40.00000000001234567890123456789Z".
                > No one won't complaint about this.

                We definitely don't have any plans to support this anytime soon. msec
                accuracy is "good enough" for us. (Basically, it has to do with the JAVA
                Calendar object that we use for dates. It only goes to msec.)

                > 2. Sending a parameter to echoBase64 with not XSD:base64Binary
                > but SOAP-ENC:base64 encoding. WSDL defines its type as
                > XSD:base64Binary so this test should fail.

                Personally, I think the test for this is invalid. According to the
                description of the Round 2/Base service at:
                http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl
                the parameter should be xsd:base64Binary. If you are sending something
                other than that, then your test isn't testing Round 2/Base endpoints.
                (unless you are testing to see if the server throws a fault) If the
                server is expecing a SOAP-ENC:base64 object, then that server is not a
                proper Round 2/Base endpoint.

                Anyway, I feel what we are doing here is correct.

                > 3. [out] parameter haven't supported in XMLBus yet?

                Nope, not yet. It's getting higher and higher on the priority list
                though.

                > I'm very very happy with excellent interopping(?) with XMLBus.

                Thanks for creating a fairly comprehensive set of test cases to point
                out some of the problems. It's definitly been a big help.

                --
                J. Daniel Kulp
                Principal Engineer
                IONA
                END 2 ANYWHERE
                P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
                daniel.kulp@...
              • Wes Moulder
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
                  I tried using your web client to test out GLUE, and had major problems
                  with a few things. Your static client failed everywhere, with a Remote
                  Exception, wrapping an IOException, wrapping a FileNotFoundException.
                  (See attached Stack Trace.) The proxy client did well, except for
                  echoHexBinary and echoVoid.

                  --Wes

                  //Stack Trace follows
                  java.rmi.RemoteException: Error doing soap stuff; nested exception is:
                  java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
                  java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://12.106.211.139:8204/glue/round2
                  at
                  sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
                  tion.java(Compiled Code))
                  at
                  java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java(Compil
                  ed Code))
                  at
                  com.iona.webservices.client.j2se.J2SEUtils.doSoapIO(J2SEUtils.java(Compi
                  led Code))
                  at
                  InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.doSoapIO(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.jav
                  a:631)
                  at
                  InteropTestPortTypeSoapClient.echoHexBinary(InteropTestPortTypeSoapClien
                  t.java:539)
                  at
                  com.iona.webservices.interoptester.echotests.EchoHexBinTest.runTest(Echo
                  HexBinTest.java:25)
                  at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.runTest(Tester.java:98)
                  at com.iona.webservices.interoptester.Tester.run(Tester.java:152)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)