Re: [soapbuilders] Support of the http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxmlencoding

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
      Let me restate it to see if I understand.

      If an element has the encodingStyle attribute with the value
      .../soap/encoding and then literxml, then the children of that element
      can be intermixed between Soap Sec5 and "raw XML."

      It's not horrible, but I don't think it's a great idea. I prefer to use
      a "wrapper element" that contains an encodingStyle attribute set to
      either "" or the soap/encoding value. The reason is that using the
      two-valued approach, it is *impossible* to write completely
      self-describing packets; you have to look at an external schema to see
      if a particular element is "raw XML" or "sec5 data". Once you are
      required to look at an external schema, you might as well go the whole
      route and just use documentstyle, not RPC style.

      I believe one of the principals behind RPC style soap encoding is that
      it is possible to make the message completely self-describing.
      /r$

      PS: IT is possible to do this kind of thing with ZSI.
      --
      Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
      Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption