Attachments and xsi:type

  • rineholt@us.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2001
      What if any influence should the xsi:type attribute if sent along
      with an element that has a reference to an attachment have in
      possibly deserializing the attachment? In the case of an attachment
      should the "xsi:type" attribute be present at all? I know it's
      optional, but if it's sent with an attachment should it be ignored?
      I know this is implementation dependent, but I'm also wondering if
      there should be any attempt at by the SOAP processor to "deserialize"
      the object to anything other than some an implementaton defined
      object that encapsulates the attachment byte stream and its
      mimetype. Thoughts? Opinions?