Re: UserLand's interop endpoint up

  • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 10, 2001
      Hi Jake,

      > I modified the configuration on the Frontier endpoint so that it now
      > supports both SOAPAction values:
      >
      > SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"
      >
      > -or-
      >
      > SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"

      SOAP4R client - Frontier server test results: 21/49
      http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
      cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.3.8-Frontier

      Hope this helps,
      // NaHi
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 10, 2001
        Hi Jake,

        Looks good. The Round 2 endpoint table has been updated. Testing with the WM client discovers that all supported methods in the "base" group pass except echoStructArray, which returns an incorrect arrayType value:

        ...<Result SOAP-ENC:arrayType="urn:SOAPStruct[3]" xmlns:urn="http://www.xmethods.com/service" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">...

        The SOAPStruct type name is qualified by the wrong namespace... http://soapinterop.org/xsd is expected [1].

        RC

        [1] http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/proposal2.html#echoStructArray

        > on 11/9/01 7:06 PM, Sam Ruby at rubys@... wrote:
        >
        > > Jake Savin wrote:
        > >>
        > >> SOAPAction: urn:soapinterop
        > >
        > > Is there any way that you could update it to match the SOAPAction specified
        > > by http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm, i.e., "http://soapinterop.org/" ?
        > >
        > > - Sam Ruby
        >
        > Hi Sam,
        >
        > I modified the configuration on the Frontier endpoint so that it now
        > supports both SOAPAction values:
        >
        > SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"
        >
        > -or-
        >
        > SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"
        >
        > This way clients can test against the Frontier endpoint using the new value,
        > and clients which still use the older value won't break.
        >
        > -Jake

      • Sam Ruby
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 11, 2001
          Dave Winer wrote:

          > So Sam has a table of implementations he interops with, are there other
          > tables floating around?

          Please take a moment to check out http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm .
          It contains three sections.

          First is a description of the scenarios. In both human readable prose
          and in machine readable formats.

          Second is a list of active endpoints.

          Third is a list of published results.

          In addition to these three sections, at the bottom you can find a pointer
          to a "competing" registry, a back pointer to the previous effort, and the
          e-mail address of the maintainter of this page.

          > If anyone else has a perspective on what interop means in November 2001,
          I'm
          > very interested in hearing more.

          I see a community where we all test to a set of base tests, and compare
          results. I can tell you that I have made coding decisions based on these
          results. The some implementations make heavy use of href's, so the Axis
          implemention will accept them, but as not all implementations accept these,
          I have chosen to avoid using href's for simple structs and simple arrays,
          but in some cases (like arrays of structs) I will make use of them.

          Some implementations test some extra edge cases. The Ruby (no relation)
          scripting language folks, for example, have added a fair number of extra
          tests.

          - Sam Ruby
        • Sam Ruby
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 11, 2001
            Like WhiteMesa, the Apache implementations have trouble parsing Frontier's
            response from echoStructArray.

            Three new data types that have been introduced into the testing since
            April: HexBinary, Decimal, and Binary. I have colleagues in IBM that tell
            me that decimal is very important to business and financial types.

            - Sam Ruby