Re: [soapbuilders] UserLand's interop endpoint up

  • Jake Savin
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 10, 2001
      on 11/9/01 7:06 PM, Sam Ruby at rubys@... wrote:

      > Jake Savin wrote:
      >>
      >> SOAPAction: urn:soapinterop
      >
      > Is there any way that you could update it to match the SOAPAction specified
      > by http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm, i.e., "http://soapinterop.org/" ?
      >
      > - Sam Ruby

      Hi Sam,

      I modified the configuration on the Frontier endpoint so that it now
      supports both SOAPAction values:

      SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

      -or-

      SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"

      This way clients can test against the Frontier endpoint using the new value,
      and clients which still use the older value won't break.

      -Jake
    • nahi@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 10, 2001
        Hi Jake,

        > I modified the configuration on the Frontier endpoint so that it now
        > supports both SOAPAction values:
        >
        > SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"
        >
        > -or-
        >
        > SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"

        SOAP4R client - Frontier server test results: 21/49
        http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
        cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.3.8-Frontier

        Hope this helps,
        // NaHi
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 10, 2001
          Hi Jake,

          Looks good. The Round 2 endpoint table has been updated. Testing with the WM client discovers that all supported methods in the "base" group pass except echoStructArray, which returns an incorrect arrayType value:

          ...<Result SOAP-ENC:arrayType="urn:SOAPStruct[3]" xmlns:urn="http://www.xmethods.com/service" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">...

          The SOAPStruct type name is qualified by the wrong namespace... http://soapinterop.org/xsd is expected [1].

          RC

          [1] http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/proposal2.html#echoStructArray

          > on 11/9/01 7:06 PM, Sam Ruby at rubys@... wrote:
          >
          > > Jake Savin wrote:
          > >>
          > >> SOAPAction: urn:soapinterop
          > >
          > > Is there any way that you could update it to match the SOAPAction specified
          > > by http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm, i.e., "http://soapinterop.org/" ?
          > >
          > > - Sam Ruby
          >
          > Hi Sam,
          >
          > I modified the configuration on the Frontier endpoint so that it now
          > supports both SOAPAction values:
          >
          > SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"
          >
          > -or-
          >
          > SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"
          >
          > This way clients can test against the Frontier endpoint using the new value,
          > and clients which still use the older value won't break.
          >
          > -Jake

        • Sam Ruby
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 11, 2001
            Dave Winer wrote:

            > So Sam has a table of implementations he interops with, are there other
            > tables floating around?

            Please take a moment to check out http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm .
            It contains three sections.

            First is a description of the scenarios. In both human readable prose
            and in machine readable formats.

            Second is a list of active endpoints.

            Third is a list of published results.

            In addition to these three sections, at the bottom you can find a pointer
            to a "competing" registry, a back pointer to the previous effort, and the
            e-mail address of the maintainter of this page.

            > If anyone else has a perspective on what interop means in November 2001,
            I'm
            > very interested in hearing more.

            I see a community where we all test to a set of base tests, and compare
            results. I can tell you that I have made coding decisions based on these
            results. The some implementations make heavy use of href's, so the Axis
            implemention will accept them, but as not all implementations accept these,
            I have chosen to avoid using href's for simple structs and simple arrays,
            but in some cases (like arrays of structs) I will make use of them.

            Some implementations test some extra edge cases. The Ruby (no relation)
            scripting language folks, for example, have added a fair number of extra
            tests.

            - Sam Ruby
          • Sam Ruby
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 11, 2001
              Like WhiteMesa, the Apache implementations have trouble parsing Frontier's
              response from echoStructArray.

              Three new data types that have been introduced into the testing since
              April: HexBinary, Decimal, and Binary. I have colleagues in IBM that tell
              me that decimal is very important to business and financial types.

              - Sam Ruby