Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP w/ Attachments Interop tests ?

    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 5, 2001
      based on my reading of the spec todate, SwA requires you to use
      section 5 encoding [as it relies on the href attribute, which is part
      of section 5, not the envelope]. I think the contents of the
      attachment are fairly uninteresting, perhaps a plain/text test and a
      image/jpg test [to test binary transfers].
      From the tests i've done with the other toolkits i think the testing
      of the different reference URI's styles is going to be key.

      On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:51:07 -0700, in soap you wrote:

      >Hi Simon,
      >
      >Sounds interesting.
      >Do you have any ideas about the format if the testing? Would the
      >emphasis be on doc/literal, or would other possibilities be included
      >(like rpc/encoded, with XML passed in a method parameter... how
      >about echoXML()?!). Would you want to allow every possible way of
      >formulating the reference URI's (absolute, relative, different methods
      >of base URI determination, etc.)?
      >If something solidifies, I could take a stab at composing the WSDL
      >docs.
      >
      >RC
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> There seems to be a growing number of toolkits that support SwA, it
      >> seems like now would be a good time to setup some SwA interop tests.
      >>
      >> Thoughts ?
      >>
      >> Cheers
      >> Simon
      >> www.pocketsoap.com

    • Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 19, 2001
        Somewhat related to this, Direct Internet Message Encapsulation (DIME)
        is now available as an IETF Internet Draft [1]. Please send any comments
        to the public mailing list [3]. Archives are available at [2].

        Abstract

        Direct Internet Message Encapsulation (DIME) is a lightweight,
        binary message format that can be used to encapsulate one or more
        application-defined payloads of arbitrary type and size into a
        single message construct. Each payload is described by a type, a
        length, and an optional identifier. Both URIs and MIME media type
        constructs are supported as type identifiers. The payload length is

        an integer indicating the number of octets of the payload. The
        optional payload identifier is a URI enabling cross-referencing
        between payloads. DIME payloads may include nested DIME messages or

        chains of linked chunks of unknown length at the time the data is
        generated. DIME is strictly a message format, provides no concept
        of a connection or of a logical circuit, and does not address head-
        of-line problems.

        Thanks,

        Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
        mailto:henrikn@...