need some tips before to code my first double session scope app

  • tyris_azriel@yahoo.fr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
      hi all,

      i'd like some tips before to code the server part of a WebService (i
      use apache/tomcat, SOAP 2.2, and java for the code)

      i want to create a webservice where : the server part creates a
      session to 2 databases (so one session per DB) and keep them alive
      (so i think i should use session scope in my DeploymentDescriptor but
      that's the only thing i know about it).

      then the client part of the web service, thanks to parameters, will
      have the choice between DB1 and DB2 (so session1 and session2)

      First of all, is it doable ?

      then could you tell me the main things i should know to create and
      keep alive those 2 sessions ? (because i only made for the moment a
      simple webservice with a client's request, and anwser and then
      everything is closed), so a brief summary of persistant session or a
      link to any doc would be appreciated

      regards,
      Elise who she hates WebServices
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
        > (so i think i should use session scope in my DeploymentDescriptor but
        > that's the only thing i know about it).

        Please ask these on the Tomcat mailing list, or other specific support
        area. (Start by looking at xml.apache.org, or wherever you got your
        software from.)

        /r$, he who dislikes needless offtopic posts

        See what I mean? vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      • tyris_azriel@yahoo.fr
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
          wonderfull ! i thought i was asking a SOAP question... never mind, it
          seems that it's not a SOAP group here.