Byte Arrays

  • pluckshme@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hi

      While transferring an array of bytes from a VC++ 6.0 Application to a
      Webservice why is it that I am not able to transfer an array of size
      greater than 48?

      Thnx
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
        Sounds like a bug. :)

        You will probably be better off consulting the resources (mail lists,
        news groups, whatever) devoted to the particular websvcs toolkits you
        are using.
        Encryption)
        http://www.zolera.com
      • pluckshme@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          In fact I am the author of the webservice as well. The documentation
          of the SOAP user guide as well as the Documentation of the .NET have
          mentioned that it is possible to transfer an array of bytes. But the
          magic number of 48 was something i couldnt figure out?

          Do you know of any workaround ??

        • pluckshme@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            In fact I am the author of the webservice as well. The documentation
            of the SOAP user guide as well as the Documentation of the .NET have
            mentioned that it is possible to transfer an array of bytes. But the
            magic number of 48 was something i couldnt figure out?

            Do you know of any workaround ??

            --- In soapbuilders@y..., Rich Salz <rsalz@z...> wrote:
            > Sounds like a bug. :)
            >
            > You will probably be better off consulting the resources (mail
            lists,
            > news groups, whatever) devoted to the particular websvcs toolkits
            you
            > are using.
            > /r$
            > --
            > Zolera Systems, Securing web services (XML, SOAP, Signatures,
            > Encryption)
            > http://www.zolera.com
          • Kirill Gavrylyuk
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
              What tool are you using to build a webservice?
              MS Toolkit client emits line breaks for xsd:base64Binary - webservice should handle it. Some tools have a bug in base64Binary handling that they don't handle linebreaks.
              The requirement of linebreaks will be relaxed in next xsd version for base64Binary.