New SOAP & WSDL Server with Round 1 & 2 Interoperability Compliance

  • Kingsley Idehen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      All,

      I would like bring the following SOAP/WSDL endpoint to your attention:

      http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/SOAP/services.wsdl

      Virtuoso is our muli-protocol eBusiness server that includes support
      for:
      SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XQUERY, XSL-T, SQL, ODBC and many other related
      standards.

      Please e-mail any queries feedback re. The above to:
      mailto:soap@...

      Regards,
      Kingsley Idehen
      OpenLink Software
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
        Hi Kingsley,

        Looks good, we're always happy to see another endpoint. However, to
        come into compliance with the Round 2 interop requirements [1], the
        following need to be adjusted:

        Schema targetNamespace: needs to be "http://soapinterop.org/xsd" for
        the compound types used in interop testing.
        Method namespace: needs to be "http://soapinterop.org/" (in binding,
        soap:body "namespace" attribute).
        SOAPAction URI: needs to be "http://soapinterop.org/" (in
        binding,soap:operation "soapAction" attribute).

        Of course this need apply only to the operations defined by the Round 2
        specs. The specifications and reference WSDL docs are found at:

        http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm

        > All,
        >
        > I would like bring the following SOAP/WSDL endpoint to your attention:
        >
        > http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/SOAP/services.wsdl
        >

        > Virtuoso is our muli-protocol eBusiness server that includes support
        > for:
        > SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XQUERY, XSL-T, SQL, ODBC and many other related
        > standards.
        >
        > Please e-mail any queries feedback re. The above to:
        > mailto:soap@...
        >
        > Regards,
        > Kingsley Idehen
        > OpenLink Software

      • Kingsley Idehen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
          Bob,

          OK.

          >Method namespace: needs to be "http://soapinterop.org/" (in binding,
          >soap:body "namespace" attribute).
          >SOAPAction URI: needs to be "http://soapinterop.org/" (in
          >binding,soap:operation "soapAction" attribute).
          >
          >Of course this need apply only to the operations defined by
          >the Round 2
          >specs. The specifications and reference WSDL docs are found at:
          >
          >http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm

          OK.

          Will be fixed ASAP.

          Kingsley

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
            Hi Kingsley,

            Sorry, but there is one more thing...

            In the schema defining the compound types, the attribute
            "elementFormDefault" has the value "qualified". This conflicts with
            the Round 2 definitions, in which the member elements of the
            compound types have unqualified names. (The default value of
            "unqualified" is in force)

            Thanks!

            RC

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001