SOAP on IBM Mainframes?

  • Jones, Byron (ITD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      I have looked through IBM's developerworks website, and while IBM seems
      to be embracing SOAP, they don't seem to be developing SOAP for their
      mainframe environments.

      I am currently working on a project that is transferring data out of an IDMS
      database, using the Vegasoft web gateway product. This allows us to send
      requests to ADS/O dialogs and get back responses via HTTP. I think I might
      be able to get some marginal SOAP functionality by handcoding the HTML
      and XML, and playing around with it until I can get Vegasoft's gateway to
      return data that SOAP clients can recognize (somewhat).

      I would really like to be able to use a real SOAP SDK, but I can't seem to
      find
      any for use in this environment. Can anyone point me in the right
      direction?

      Thanks,

      Byron Jones