Content-Type error between MSTK SP2 and Apache

  • rlarson@saba.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hello,

      I'm using the MS Toolkit SP 2 and Apache SOAP 2.2 and the MS Toolkit
      is unable to process what appears (to me) to be a completely valid
      reply from the Apache server. I get a fault in the MS HTTPConnector
      complaining:

      "Server returned contenttype other than text/xml".

      However the response (see below) clearly has the correct content
      type. What is even stranger (to me) is that I can induce a fault on
      the server (also see below) and this can be handled by the MS Toolkit
      client.

      I've combed a variety of newsgroups and have found some references to
      this problem using early versions of MSTK but everyone seems to agree
      that this should be resolved in the SP2 version.

      The messages follow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just
      about to bail on the MS Toolkit and try another approach. If someone
      from MS can tell me what their HttpConnector expects I'll write a
      custom provider on the apache side if I need to.

      regards,

      Robert

      Request from MS client:
      =======================

      Host: localhost

      SOAPAction: "http://tempuri.org/action/SabaCoreServiceImpl.authenticat
      e"

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAPSDK1:authenticate xmlns:SOAPSDK1="urn:hcdm-content-core">
      <username>uone</username>
      <password>welcome</password>
      </SOAPSDK1:authenticate>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      Success response from Apache (this is not handled by MS SOAP):

      HTTP/1.0 200 OK
      Server: JRun Web Server/3.0
      Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:36:31 GMT
      Set-Cookie: jsessionid=485451001532974800;path=/
      Expires: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT
      Connection: close
      Cache-Control: no-cache="set-cookie,set-cookie2"

      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns1:authenticateResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:hcdm-content-core"
      <return xmlns:ns2=""
      xsi:type="ns2:certificate">ccert2134EA436A630AC35DA2A83E934F675BEE835F
      6327AFBF38</return>
      </ns1:authenticateResponse>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      Fault response from Apache (this is handled by MS SOAP):

      HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
      Server: JRun Web Server/3.0
      Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:35:27 GMT
      Set-Cookie: jsessionid=2101751001532926330;path=/
      Expires: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT
      Connection: close
      Cache-Control: no-cache="set-cookie,set-cookie2"

      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
      ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
      <faultstring>No Deserializer found to deserialize
      a ':password' using encoding
      style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>
      <faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
      </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
        Robert,
        How do you trace response? I think toolkit is some how not getting this response. Try to trace with MSSOAPT tool.
        Anyway it doesn't seem like interop issue, do please send your questions to SOAP Toolkit news group or contact Microsoft PSS.
        Thank you.