Re: Newbie Classpath Question

  • roman.tomasic@nibble.si
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      Soap sample AddressBook

      Error:'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved

      Example of error
      X:\java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
      http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"
      Generated fault:
      Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Client
      Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP
      service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class
      name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not

      be resolved: samples.addressbook.Address

      I looked all over the inet and didn't find solution for that problem!
      Below you will find solution that worked for me.
      I assume that you have working configuration of Apache, Tomcat and
      Soap!

      if you go to for example http://localhost:port/soap/index.html you
      should get Apache-SOAP screen

      System:
      WinNT 4.0 Server SP6
      Apache 1.3.20
      Tomcat 3.2.1
      Apache SOAP 2.2

      1.)CLASSPATH=xerces.jar;xml4j.jar;mail.jar;activation.jar;soap.jar;

      Those must be in classpath + all JAR-s required by other instalations

      2.)TOMCAT - starting as Service (jk_nt_service.exe)

      2.1.) wrapper.properties (x:\TOMCAT_HOME\CONF)
      Remove:
      - jaxp.jar
      - parser.jar

      Add:
      - XERCES.JAR (ver. 1.3.0)
      - PATH_TO_SOAP_2_2_INSTALATION_DIR

      example:
      # If you have additional locations that you would like to add to the
      # claspath you should add a new wrapper.class_path=<location> line.
      #
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\xerces.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\classes
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\webserver.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\servlet.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\jasper.jar

      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\soap.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\pop3.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\mail.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\imap.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\mailapi.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\smtp.jar
      wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.java_home)\lib\activation.jar
      wrapper.class_path=D:\Programs\soap-2_2\

      #REMOVED
      #wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\jaxp.jar
      #wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\parser.jar

      2.2.)workers.properties
      Remove:
      - jaxp.jar
      - parser.jar

      Add:
      - XERCES.JAR
      - XML4J.JAR

      Example:
      #
      # The XML parser provided with Tomcat
      #
      worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)
      xerces.jar
      worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)
      xml4j.jar

      #REMOVED
      #worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)
      jaxp.jar
      #worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)
      parser.jar

      3.)DEPLOY Addressbook Service
      java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
      http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy

      DeploymentDescriptor.xml

      4.)START SOAP client
      java samples.addressbook.GetAllListings
      http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

      5.) That's it

      If this solution worked for you let me know!

      Roman Tomasic
      Slovenia

      e-mail: roman.tomasic@...

      24.8.2001

      --- In soapbuilders@y..., keith.hall1@v... wrote:
      > I've installed Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.1 and SOAP 2.2 as well as XERCES,
      > JAVAMAIL and JAF, and am busy trying some of the sample
      applications.
      > I've managed to deploy the AddressFetcher from the command line
      using
      > the latest nightlybuild of the DeploymentDescriptor.xml i.e.
      > java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
      > http://e1564036:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
      > DeploymentDescriptor.xml
      > From the http://e1564036:8080/soap/admin/index.html and hitting
      list
      > I can see, that the AddressFetcher is deployed.
      > If I try 'java samples.addressbook.GetAllListings
      > http://e1564036:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter' from the command line
      > for example I get a response of:
      > Generated fault:
      > Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Client
      > Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP
      > service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class
      > name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:
      > samples.addressbook.Address
      > I've tried copying the classes extracted from the soap.war file
      into
      > the $TOMCAT_HOME/classes,lib rather than in webapps/soap/WEB-INF
      > as suggested in the Apache SOAP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
      but