Question about Round 2 specifications

  • CHEN,SHIH-CHANG (HP-NewJersey,ex2)
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 2:24 PM
      In round 2, one of the General Guidelines is:
      For this method set, implementations may carry explicit typing information
      on the wire, but should not require it for incoming messages.

      So, type infomation may not be available in the soap request and the only
      information we can use to retrieve the method is the method name. This
      will cause *ambiguity* if we allow method overload. For example,

      String echo( String s ) { return s; }
      int echo( int i ) { return i; }

      Should we return a fault, or try our best to figure out whih method is most
      suitable for that ?

      Thanks,

      Shih-Chang Chen
      Bluestone XML-Development