Are TOMCAT/IIS Multi-threaded ??

  • Naresh Agarwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 1:01 AM
      Hi

      I want to ask something about the servers ( IIS for MS-Soap, Tomcat for
      Apache-Soap), which host the Soap services

      Are these servers (IIS and Tomcat) multithreaded, i.e. for each request, a
      new thread is spawned which handles that particular request.

      If yes, then any thread safe service, which is deployed in "application"
      scope can handle multiple requests, as each request would run on a separate
      thread ( spawned by IIS/Tomcat), which wud access the same instance of Soap
      server(deployed in Application scope).

      Please clarify.

      thanks,

      Regards,