Re: Three quick array questions

  • W. Matthew Long
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
      Question (3) is interesting question from a logical design
      perspective and I don't think it ever got a reply.

      i.e., if an array had SOAP-ENC:offset[i], and if array members
      contained SOAP-ENC:position[i,i+1,...n].

      It would seem to me that if the offset indicated "i", then the
      position attribute on the array members would be allowed if and only
      if the position ordinal followed i,i+1,...n

      where
      1) "n" is <= the length of the array
      2) "i" >= 0
      3) array is not marked xsd:nil="1"
      4) array members <= "n"

      Under this logic it would also follow that the position attribute is
      not required when offset is used.

      Is this consistent with others understanding?
      Thoughts?

      -Matt