Re: [soapbuilders] Toolkit support for HTTP cookies

  • Paul Kulchenko
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 8:48 AM
      Hi, jpflum@...!

      > I did a test using a client I wrote with Apache SOAP 2.2, and
      > didn't
      > see the client sending cookies on subsequent requests, so it
      > appears that it doesn't support cookies either.
      If it doesn't send by default it doesn't mean it doesn't support it
      :). SOAP::Lite also doesn't send cookies by default, but it's easy to
      switch it on:

      use HTTP::Cookies;

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:xmethodsInterop')
      -> proxy('http://services.xmethods.net/soap/servlet/rpcrouter',
      cookie_jar => HTTP::Cookies->new(ignore_discard => 1));
      print $soap->echoString('Hello')->result;

      cookie_jar line does what you want. with 'file' parameter cookies
      also can be stored on disk to keep them between sessions. Let me know
      if you need a client code for your endpoint.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:57 AM
        pocketSOAP doesn't support this. In the cases where i've needed
        session capabilities, i've always baked it into the SOAP layer, not
        the transport layer.

      • jpflum@microsoft.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:47 AM
          I was incorrect about Apache SOAP 2.2. It does support cookies if
          SOAPHTTPConnection.setMaintainSession=true, and the same instance of
          the SOAPHTTPConnection is used for subsequent SOAP requests.

          Sorry for an confusion...