Re: [soapbuilders] http://interop.soaplite.com/ test for

  • Paul Kulchenko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2001
      Hi, Aleksander!

      [this message was sent ten days ago, but wasn't delivered on time due
      to problems on yahoo, so I'm resending it]

      > i think that i have identified why so many implementations fail
      That's a good point, Phalanx, SOAPRMI and Frontier do exactly as
      you described, specify encoding in http header and do not specify it
      in xml declaration.

      > i could probably pass this test with SOAP:lite if i added <?xml
      > version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> header but it should not be
      > required to do it IMHO.
      You're right. It's not required. I'm still thinking about relying
      on charset in http headers, but seven toolkits do not specify charset
      in http header, so payload should be treated as us-ascii. I'm not
      sure, whether we reach consensus on that, though I remember last
      point
      was about "always use encoding specified in HTTP header (us-ascii
      assumed if not specified) and ignore encoding specified in XML
      declaration". Is everybody agree with that?

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/