WSDLReader: Analyzing the WSDL file Failed HRESULT=0x8004005

  • Osie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hi all,
      I'm attempting to setup a VB Client on Windows 2000 Service Pack 2
      which uses a client side WSDL file to communicate with a Tomcat 3.2.2
      soap server. I've tested simple examples with a java client and the
      Tomcat soap server, those work okay. However, the VB Client has
      stumped me and gives this error when trying to call a function or read
      the wsdl file:

      WSDLReader: Analyzing the WSDL file Failed HRESULT=0x8004005

      My VB Client Code is:

      Set SC = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
      SC.mssoapinit "D:\VBSoapEx\helloserver.wsdl", "", "", ""
      res = SC.sayHelloTo("Name")

      The errors occur on any of the last two lines depending on how I write
      it. I've tried different ways including using Call SC.mssoapinit.....
      My wsdl file was generated using IBM WSDE and I've tried one from the
      web. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks DJ
    • Peter Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001
        I have had the same problem. To fix it, I just start
        from scratch again using my Microsoft WSDL generator.
        It is very frustrating. After the new file works, I
        have even gone so far as to do a file comparison of
        the old WSDL and the new one using Word. The
        comparison shows there is no difference in the 2 WSDL
        files. I believe the problem has something to do with
        recompiling the code after the WSDL file has been
        generated. I know this is not much help. good luck.

        Peter
        --- Osie <djosied@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > I'm attempting to setup a VB Client on Windows
        > 2000 Service Pack 2
        > which uses a client side WSDL file to communicate
        > with a Tomcat 3.2.2
        > soap server. I've tested simple examples with a java
        > client and the
        > Tomcat soap server, those work okay. However, the VB
        > Client has
        > stumped me and gives this error when trying to call
        > a function or read
        > the wsdl file:
        >
        > WSDLReader: Analyzing the WSDL file Failed
        > HRESULT=0x8004005
        >
        > My VB Client Code is:
        >
        > Set SC = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
        > SC.mssoapinit "D:\VBSoapEx\helloserver.wsdl", "",
        > "", ""
        > res = SC.sayHelloTo("Name")
        >
        > The errors occur on any of the last two lines
        > depending on how I write
        > it. I've tried different ways including using Call
        > SC.mssoapinit.....
        > My wsdl file was generated using IBM WSDE and I've
        > tried one from the
        > web. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate
        > it.
        >
        > Thanks DJ

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Wolfgang Manousek
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001

          You can see a more detailed error with the SoapClient object and look at the detail property.

          Posting the WSDL file might be helpful so we can see what is going on

          Thx

          Wolfgang

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001
            >Posting the WSDL file might be helpful so we can see what is going on

            Perhaps someplace, but not here.

            As it says at the bottom *of every message posted here*:

            Folks looking for help in "building their SOAP applications" might want
            to consider the second half of the common epilog:
          • Wolfgang Manousek
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001

              Makes sense – sorry

              There is a MS soap-toolkit specific newsgroup (see readme/help), post there for support.

              >Posting the WSDL file might be helpful so we can see what is going on

              Perhaps someplace, but not here.

              As it says at the bottom *of every message posted here*:
                  implementation and interoperability issues.  Please stay on-topic.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001
                Sorry if I took you off topic and thanks for the help.

                --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wolfgang Manousek" <wolfma@m...> wrote:
                > Makes sense - sorry
                >

                > There is a MS soap-toolkit specific newsgroup (see readme/help),
                post
                > there for support.

                Failed