RE: [soapbuilders] another question re: maps, etc.

  • graham glass
    Message 1 of 80 , Jul 3, 2001
      hi guys,

      since sam, dug and others all work for IBM on
      the same software, i'd like to know which mapping
      IBM intends to implement for Map.

      right now, apache seems to use <sequence>.

      but now sam is saying he prefers <all>, and
      he's involved in the axis project that will
      replace apache.

      could the guys in the ibm camp let us know
      what they intend to do, because i would prefer
      not to keep changing the built-in GLUE mapping
      depending on the last email from an ibm developer ;-)

      Message 80 of 80 , Jul 20, 2001

        Thanks for the tip, the web.config entry worked great.

        I'm now trying to get a .Net (beta 2) client calling a very simple
        helloworld Apache SOAP (v2.2) service with one string in and a string
        return. After jumping through many hoops already, I am close but
        still get this error:

        <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode> <faultstring>No Deserializer
        found to deserialize a ':meth1_inType1' using encoding
        style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>

        The type attribute for meth1_inType1 is defined as xsd:string. The
        equivalent java client works fine and comparing the .net vs. java raw
        soap requests, there are only 2 differences. 1) 1999 vs. 2001 XML
        Schema namespaces and 2) the encodingStyle attribute is on the 'Body'
        tag vs. on the 'helloworld' (method) tag. I read in Apache's doc's
        that 2001 schema would be deserialized correctly, but haven't tested
        this myself. Also, haven't found a way to tell .Net to put the
        encodingStyle attribute on a different tag to test if that
        specifically causes the fault.

        Any suggestions as to how I can get this simple interoperability test

        Best Regards,