RE: [soapbuilders] Re: Where's decimal?

  • graham glass
    Message 1 of 80 , Jul 2, 2001
      by binding, i mean to share an on-the-wire encoding format.
      right now, if you wanted to send hashtables between
      GLUE and Apache, one or both sides would have to install
      a custom serialize that knows how to map from one representation
      to another, which is a pain.

      Message 80 of 80 , Jul 20, 2001

        Thanks for the tip, the web.config entry worked great.

        I'm now trying to get a .Net (beta 2) client calling a very simple
        helloworld Apache SOAP (v2.2) service with one string in and a string
        return. After jumping through many hoops already, I am close but
        still get this error:

        <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode> <faultstring>No Deserializer
        found to deserialize a ':meth1_inType1' using encoding
        style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>

        The type attribute for meth1_inType1 is defined as xsd:string. The
        equivalent java client works fine and comparing the .net vs. java raw
        soap requests, there are only 2 differences. 1) 1999 vs. 2001 XML
        Schema namespaces and 2) the encodingStyle attribute is on the 'Body'
        tag vs. on the 'helloworld' (method) tag. I read in Apache's doc's
        that 2001 schema would be deserialized correctly, but haven't tested
        this myself. Also, haven't found a way to tell .Net to put the
        encodingStyle attribute on a different tag to test if that
        specifically causes the fault.

        Any suggestions as to how I can get this simple interoperability test

        Best Regards,