RE: [soapbuilders] Re: Where's decimal?

  • Rosimildo daSIlva
    Message 1 of 80 , Jul 2 3:14 PM
      --- Yann Christensen <yannc@...> wrote:
      > > Ideally, on the client side, no changes should be
      > needed. Maybe some
      > day.
      >
      > You seem to be suggesting that SOAP should evolve to
      > not only describe a
      > wire format but also a programming API. I think that
      > would be a mistake.
      > Why should different programming
      > environments/languages have to adhere
      > to a common API? Undoubtedly you would end up with
      > some sort of least
      > common denominator feature set. I prefer for the
      > standards to focus on
      > the wire formats and let the toolkits decide how it
      > maps best into their
      > environment.
      >
      > Now I think it is interesting to look at defining
      > recognizable patterns
      > for common complex data structures. Though I think
      > that would best occur
      > in XML Schema since that defines the common type
      > system across the
      > various toolkits.

      I guess you have not seen the messy that BOA was...
      people maintain it, still have nightmares...

      I do not think these things belong to SOAP.
      SOAP is what it is. A wire level protocol.
      The same as IIOP is for CORBA.

      I can tell you want thing, I have been working on this
      area long enough, to dare to say, that in one way
      or the other, mapping from WSDL to programming
      languages will come. It is just a matter of time.
      I do not think that these mappings have anything
      to do with SOAP, maybe more with XML schema or
      WSDL.

      Have a good one.

      Rosimildo.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Paul Welch
      Message 80 of 80 , Jul 20 8:35 AM
        Alex,

        Thanks for the tip, the web.config entry worked great.

        I'm now trying to get a .Net (beta 2) client calling a very simple
        helloworld Apache SOAP (v2.2) service with one string in and a string
        return. After jumping through many hoops already, I am close but
        still get this error:

        <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode> <faultstring>No Deserializer
        found to deserialize a ':meth1_inType1' using encoding
        style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>
        <faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>

        The type attribute for meth1_inType1 is defined as xsd:string. The
        equivalent java client works fine and comparing the .net vs. java raw
        soap requests, there are only 2 differences. 1) 1999 vs. 2001 XML
        Schema namespaces and 2) the encodingStyle attribute is on the 'Body'
        tag vs. on the 'helloworld' (method) tag. I read in Apache's doc's
        that 2001 schema would be deserialized correctly, but haven't tested
        this myself. Also, haven't found a way to tell .Net to put the
        encodingStyle attribute on a different tag to test if that
        specifically causes the fault.

        Any suggestions as to how I can get this simple interoperability test
        working?

        Best Regards,
        Paul

        ResponseNamespace="http://www.divine.com/")]

        > Even though it's generated in RPC style, the .Net WSDL still has
        > several incompatibilities with the IBM WSTK proxygen utility
        > (using .Net Studio beta 2 and IBM WSTK V2.3). The ones I've
        > identified so far are:
        >
        > - Different Rules for Resolving Fully Qualified Definitions: For
        > instance, .Net creates a s0 namespace (tempuri.com by default) and
        > tries to qualify types to s0 that are actually defined in the
        current
        > document. The proxygen does not appear to look in the current
        > document for fully qualified types. My solution so far has been to
        > delete "s0:" qualifications from these, including the <port
        binding>,
        > <binding type>, etc.
        >
        > - Different Levels of Support for XML Schema: .Net generates 2001
        XML