Re: [soapbuilders] Re: Where's decimal?

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 80 , Jul 2, 2001
      Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > I think it's not enough.

      No question there. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't value.. I'm
      still seeing endpoints that don't support the SOAPAction specified in the
      whitemesa WSDL, or respond with rather unexpected (to me, at least) formats
      for simple formats such as dates.

      Rich Salz wrote:

      > Not that any of us are cheating, of course, but raising the bar like
      > this is a good idea.

      For those who played honestly the first go around, I doubt this will
      surface additional incompatibilities. You are more likely to find
      incompatibilities around the edges, with things like -INF, or nil values
      passed as floats, or arrays of length zero. Paul, I know that you have run
      tests like these before...

      In any case, I am in full agreement that Round 2 as currently stated does
      not raise the bar far enough. Personally, I see no reason to defer the
      simple things that we are describing to a stage three... I mean, what
      servers should not be able to handle boolean? Addition?

      - Sam Ruby

      P.S. This go around, I'm planning to have Apache participate in a first
      class way... public server, posted client interop results, etc.
    • Paul Welch
      Message 80 of 80 , Jul 20, 2001
        Alex,

        Thanks for the tip, the web.config entry worked great.

        I'm now trying to get a .Net (beta 2) client calling a very simple
        helloworld Apache SOAP (v2.2) service with one string in and a string
        return. After jumping through many hoops already, I am close but
        still get this error:

        <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode> <faultstring>No Deserializer
        found to deserialize a ':meth1_inType1' using encoding
        style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>
        <faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>

        The type attribute for meth1_inType1 is defined as xsd:string. The
        equivalent java client works fine and comparing the .net vs. java raw
        soap requests, there are only 2 differences. 1) 1999 vs. 2001 XML
        Schema namespaces and 2) the encodingStyle attribute is on the 'Body'
        tag vs. on the 'helloworld' (method) tag. I read in Apache's doc's
        that 2001 schema would be deserialized correctly, but haven't tested
        this myself. Also, haven't found a way to tell .Net to put the
        encodingStyle attribute on a different tag to test if that
        specifically causes the fault.

        Any suggestions as to how I can get this simple interoperability test
        working?

        Best Regards,
        Paul

        ResponseNamespace="http://www.divine.com/")]

        > Even though it's generated in RPC style, the .Net WSDL still has
        > several incompatibilities with the IBM WSTK proxygen utility
        > (using .Net Studio beta 2 and IBM WSTK V2.3). The ones I've
        > identified so far are:
        >
        > - Different Rules for Resolving Fully Qualified Definitions: For
        > instance, .Net creates a s0 namespace (tempuri.com by default) and
        > tries to qualify types to s0 that are actually defined in the
        current
        > document. The proxygen does not appear to look in the current
        > document for fully qualified types. My solution so far has been to
        > delete "s0:" qualifications from these, including the <port
        binding>,
        > <binding type>, etc.
        >
        > - Different Levels of Support for XML Schema: .Net generates 2001
        XML