update

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2001
      For your viewing pleasure, the interop registration & notification
      service[1] has been updated to show the services, and the servers /
      clients registered for each service. the event log & rss feeds, will
      now include the relevant service name on updates.

      I've hooked up the group B tests to the notification service, if you
      post a new server or updated server for the group B interop service,
      my pocketSOAP tests will get run, the results page updated, and the
      updated results logged on the registration service. (given that it
      posts the results to manila via its soap interface, this whole
      shooting match is done entirely with SOAP <g> )

      [1] www.pocketsoap.com/registration/
    • Bruce ONeel
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2001
        Thanks for doing this. I do have a question though...

        Your nice long serviceID BOF31A20..., what is this for?
        I've looked at the SOAP spec, the WSDL spec, and the
        archives for SOAPbuilders and I don't find this talked
        about. How did you generate this? I'm missing something
        key here. :-)

        Thanks!

        cheers

        bruce

        Simon Fell <soap@...> wrote:
        > For your viewing pleasure, the interop registration & notification
        > service[1] has been updated to show the services, and the servers /
        > clients registered for each service. the event log & rss feeds, will
        > now include the relevant service name on updates.
        >
        > I've hooked up the group B tests to the notification service, if you
        > post a new server or updated server for the group B interop service,
        > my pocketSOAP tests will get run, the results page updated, and the
        > updated results logged on the registration service. (given that it
        > posts the results to manila via its soap interface, this whole
        > shooting match is done entirely with SOAP <g> )
        >
        > Cheers
        > Simon
        > [1] www.pocketsoap.com/registration/

        ----
        Bruce O'Neel <beoneel@...> -- XML and Squeak.
        LWxml, a light weight XML parser in Squeak
        XML Journal http://homepage.iprolink.ch/~bioneel/beo/beo.html
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 27, 2001
          what you're missing is a decent description of how the service works
          (because I haven't written it yet).

          the serviceID is a GUID, which is used to identify a particular service in
          other calls (such as registerClient or registerServer). its an application
          level ID, nothing directly to do with SOAP or WSDL.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2001
            Thanks for the nice explanation!

            cheers

            bruce

            Simon Fell <sfell@...> wrote:
            > what you're missing is a decent description of how the service works
            > (because I haven't written it yet).
            >
            > the serviceID is a GUID, which is used to identify a particular service in
            > other calls (such as registerClient or registerServer). its an application
            > level ID, nothing directly to do with SOAP or WSDL.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Simon

          • NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2001
              Hi Simon,

              Thanks for managing this great registry. I'm enjoy viewing
              the registry.

              Though SOAP4R still have many restrictions, I'm going to add
              it to your registry by SOAP4R client itself. I'm now hitting
              some ports and testing my SOAP client.

              Getting clients of Group A and B works, I get SOAP Fault while
              hitting Services.Clients with GUID of Group C. ?

              == Request from SOAP4R.

              POST http://soap.4s4c.com/registration/soap.asp HTTP/1.0
              Host: soap.4s4c.com
              Connection: close
              SOAPAction: ""

              <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              xmlns:n1="http://soap.pocketsoap.com/registration/services"><SOAP-ENV:Body
              SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><n1:Clients><serviceID
              xsi:type="xsd:string">{172BD219-6C6A-410C-8160-9118FE73C52E}</serviceID></n1:Clients></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

              == Response from server.

              HTTP/1.0 200 OK
              Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
              Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:30:52 GMT
              Proxy-Connection: close

              <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
              xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultc
              ode><faultstring>Subscript out of range</faultstring><detail><e:comError
              xmlns:e="http://www.simon.fell.com/soap/4s4c/001"><hresult>0x800a0009</hresult></e:comError></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Bod
              y></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2001

                Yes i spotted that one yesterday, its failing because there are no
                clients registered for group C. I'll fix it over the weekend.

                Thanks
                Simon
                www.pocketsoap.com

              • NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001

                  I see. Thanks. No harry because SOAP4R cannot join group C
                  for a time...

                  SOAP4R server was added to Group A(base) and B. To regist
                  my client, I'm going to create interop test matrix next week.

                  // NaHi
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2001
                    This is fixed now.

                    Thanks