WSDL

  • vineetbatta@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
      hi all ,

      i need some clarification on few points regardiong accessing Web
      services .From the UDDI.org i downloaded the document
      "UDDI working draft Best practices Document" pdf file .

      there it talks as following
      "industry group will define a set of services types , and describe
      them with one or more service interface defination WSDL documents .
      The WSDL service interface definitions are then registeredas UDDI
      tmodels which are refered as wsdlSpec tModels"

      If i want to use Web service which gererates a PO for my application
      and sends it to the suppliers .But there can be number of web
      services doing the same thing .But as there will be availble Wsdl
      spec for PO generation then all the web services registered at the
      UDDI from various companies will follow the above defined UDDI
      standard , hence the same INTERFACE METHOD SIGNATURE .

      if this is how it is , so can we call all those web services from my
      application which support the same interface method signature
      DYNAMICALLY , that is to say
      if Web Service A from Company 1 registered at UDDI and

      Web Service B from Company 2 registered at UDDI and

      Web Service C from Company 3 registered at UDDI(eg: doing Catalog
      searches on the net) should accept my search criteria and get me the
      results from all the Web Services A-B-C.

      Is it feasible at all .

      regards
      Vineet Batta
      Software Engineer
      Satyam Computers Ltd.
    • Bill Conroy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
        Vineet,

        Theoretically this is true. UDDI provides a way for you to search(find_binding) on a tModel(interface definition) and receive back a list of bindingTemplates for Businesses who implement services with these interfaces. bindingTemplates basically are the addresses of these specific web services. You would also need a uniform way to retrieve a SOAPAction value from this returned list in order to call these Services as it may or may not be required. This may be located in the instanceParams field of the tModelInstanceDetails for each bindingTemplate returned, but as far as I know there is nothing stating this should be so.

        But there are tons of other factors that would at this time prevent things from working so ideally. Two obvious ones are:
        - Authentication - I highly doubt that every company conforming to this PO spec will also provide the same protocol for authentication.
        - Licensing - Some services may require some type license to use the service. Perhaps not a PO service, but a searching service of some sort may(something like Napster maybe). So unless your App(or User) is licensed by every provider of this service returned from your UDDI search you're out of luck.

        Hope this helps.

        -Bill Conroy
        Architect
        Extreme Logic

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
          hi ,

          thankx bill for ur response , it cleared many things .
          but i have few more clarification.

          if dynamically its not possible to connect to web services for the
          reasons mentioned in ur mail .
          then i want to know that if i retrieve catalog information from ONE
          web service( which is connected to various suppliers) than am i not
          missing out on the suppliers which may be part of other web service
          and not this one .(Any solution u can think on this .) or there is a
          way out,already .

          what will happen if the PO are generated again by another web service.
          how will the PO web service link to the vendors of the Catalog web
          service to deliver the PO's to the correct vendors .Again the same
          problem of finding only those vendors with whom they are registered.

          OR

          will the web service which reterieve the catalog results will also
          have to provide po generation service so as to ovide above problem.

          these are some basic problems which we are facing in the deciding our
          architecture .

          pl do help.

          regards
          Vineet Batta

          --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Bill Conroy" <bconroy@e...> wrote:
          > Vineet,
          >
          > Theoretically this is true. UDDI provides a way for you to
          > search(find_binding) on a tModel(interface definition) and receive
          back
          > a list of bindingTemplates for Businesses who implement services
          with
          > these interfaces. bindingTemplates basically are the addresses of
          these
          > specific web services. You would also need a uniform way to
          retrieve a
          > SOAPAction value from this returned list in order to call these
          Services
          > as it may or may not be required. This may be located in the
          > instanceParams field of the tModelInstanceDetails for each
          > bindingTemplate returned, but as far as I know there is nothing
          stating
          > this should be so.
          >
          > But there are tons of other factors that would at this time prevent
          > things from working so ideally. Two obvious ones are:
          > - Authentication - I highly doubt that every company conforming to
          this
          > PO spec will also provide the same protocol for authentication.
          > - Licensing - Some services may require some type license to use the
          > service. Perhaps not a PO service, but a searching service of some
          sort
          > may(something like Napster maybe). So unless your App(or User) is
          > licensed by every provider of this service returned from your UDDI
          > search you're out of luck.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          > -Bill Conroy
          > Architect
          > Extreme Logic

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=190462.1393721.2979173.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700701
          01
          > 4:N/A=551015/?http://www.debticated.com> www.debticated.com
          >
          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
          M=190462.1393721.2979173.2/D=egroupmail/
          > S=1700701014:N/A=551015/rand=355333192>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • saurabhlamgora
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2006
            Hi

            Can any one tell how to generate wsdl in perl.

            Thanks