Apache SOAP and Scott Seely's SimpleSoap library

  • ss2shin@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2001
      Hello

      I am currently experimenting with SOAP, and built a simple server
      using Apche SOAP.

      I also found a simple SOAP library in C++ in Scott Seely book and
      tried to use it to build a simple client using Visual C++. (I already
      succeeded building a client using Java.)

      However, I am getting this error.

      <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Unable to determine object id from call: is the method
      element namespaced?</faultstring>
      <faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>

      I found out that there is this tag missing in the message which was
      in the message generated by the client written in Java.

      Java :

      <ns1:synchronize xmlns:ns1="urn:test:soapserver" SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

      Scott Seely's library :

      <synchronize SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" >

      The rest is exactly the same.

      Can anyone help me what to do to make this work?

      Thanks.
    • Rosimildo da Silva
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        First, do not post as HTML. It is very painful for some people, and others
        might not
        be able to handle your post at all.

        The error message from Apache is very clear. You are not sending a proper
        namespaced
        method request to the server. See "ns1" prefix on the apache message. It is
        the namespace
        for the method element.

        I do not know the Scott Seely's SimpleSoap library, but your should be able
        specify the local URI as xmlns:ns1="urn:test:soapserver"

        Rosimildo.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor