Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP::Lite Interop matrix update

    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2001
      Hello,

      It could very well be important information in some cases, such as
      serialization of certain graphs, using Section 5 encoding.

      I've been worrying about this in the context of intermediary
      implementation...

      e.g., if intermediaries reserialize a header, for the purpose of
      forwarding the message, and change the wire representation in a
      manner like that of you example, it could cause problems for the
      recipient.

      Yes, the problems manifest at the application level, but it seems
      that intermediaries or ultimate destinations acting to "reflect"
      structures using multi-ref elements need to preserve the "reference"
      information they find.

      At the moment the implementation here is asymmetric in this
      regard... when reserializing a structure, any "ref" information that
      may have been present prior to deserialization is lost. This output,
      when deserialized, will not result in the same graph.

      Yes, it's probably not important for the interop tests, but the issue
      is high on the "to do" list for the SOAP Section 5
      serializer/deserializer implementation here.

      RC