Making VB talk to Apache

  • quaine_nicholas@jpmorgan.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 4:39 AM
      Apologies to those who are seeing this same question on a gzillion
      different discussion groups but I am determined to find out if this is
      possible or not and it seems like this is just the right place to
      do that...

      <B>has anyone out there managed to make a Visual Basic client
      (Microsoft SOAP Toolkit v2.0) which exploits a WSDL file work against
      a SOAP server implemented with Apache SOAP 2.0 or 2.1 ?</B>

      I have made a VB client work against an Apache SOAP server by
      exploiting the low level API (ie. manipulating the soap envelope
      directly on the VB side to include the xsi:type param) but would like
      to get it working by exploiting the high level API / WSDL file.

      Apparently Apache SOAP 2.1 has "Reduced dependency on xsi:type for
      deserialization" - but I haven't yet seen how. examples...
      1) If I take my VB client written with a low level API and remove the
      code which inserts the xsi:type line into the envelope, I get a server
      side error : "No Deserializer found" for my 'type' (actually my
      method's parameter name) - see actual error message below.
      2) If I use the high level API and exploit a wsdl file I get the same
      error

      No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':imntType' using encoding
      style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

      many thanks for any help you can provide

      Nick Quaine
    • quaine_nicholas@jpmorgan.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5 9:59 AM
        ANYONE WANTING TO MAKE A MSSOAP/WSDL CLIENT TALK TO AN APACHE
        SERVER...

        I found Sanjiva's example in his comments as posted on soap-dev after
        making the xsi:type change
        I can confirm that this works - ms soap toolkit client using wsdl can
        talk to apache soap if you follow the instructions

        anyone interested can go to the following page to see how this works
        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=97901982213396&w=2

        you will need to have apache soap 2.1 (rc1) and update you deployment
        descriptor as described

        Nick