RE: FW: [soapbuilders] Re: question regarding moving to 2001 schemas

  • Tony Hong
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2001
      Sam (and Apache guys in general):

      One other datapoint on the apache 2001 issue:

      I have an Apache (5/1 build) client calling the echoString method on the
      GLUE ilab server. The response from GLUE comes back fine (using 2001) but
      the apache client chokes on it. When I rig a server to return the * EXACT
      SAME * envelope, but with "2001" changed to "1999" on the xsd and xsi
      definitions , no exception results and the apache client deserializes
      happily.

      I've attached the client "echoString.java" , the apache request wiredump,
      the GLUE response wiredump, and the resulting exception that occurs in the
      Apache client.

      Clearly, you guys have gotten apache to deserialize 2001 messages returned
      from a server in Raleigh, so I'm wondering what's missing in my client
      program.

      TIA for any assistance.

      Tony

    • graham glass
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2001
        hi guys,

        the MS WSDL http://131.107.72.13/test/typed.asmx?WSDL uses xsd:ur-type.
        i thought the name of this was in fact xsd:anyType.

        please advise.

        cheers,
        graham
      • graham glass
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2001
          hi guys,

          the MS .NET WSDL
          http://131.107.72.13/DotNetRemoting2001Typed/InteropService.WSDL
          refers to s4:SOAPStruct[], where
          xmlns:ns4="http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/SoapInterop.Xsd2001.Type
          d/SoapInterop"

          but there is no schema definition for this targetNamespace,
          and so my WSDL parser fails.

          is this an error, and if so, could someone fix it?

          thanks!
          graham
        • Yann Christensen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2001
            Yes the WSDL looks incorrect. Should have a fix for that tomorrow.

            thanks,
            Yann

            but there is no schema definition for this targetNamespace,
            and so my WSDL parser fails.

            is this an error, and if so, could someone fix it?

            thanks!
            graham

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2001
              urType was the old name, anyType is what's used in recent versions of XML
              schema. What you use therefore depends on the the version of schema.

              Noah Mendelsohn Voice: 1-617-693-4036
              Lotus Development Corp. Fax: 1-617-693-8676
              One Rogers Street
              Cambridge, MA 02142