Re: FW: [soapbuilders] Re: question regarding moving to 2001 schemas

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2001
      Tony Hong wrote:

      > just a quick question regarding the 2001 support in the latest nightlys
      > is there anything that has to be done special? the 2 guys I know who are
      > working this problem independently reported that after installing the 4/30
      > nightly build, it still did not work (they got exceptions after trying to
      > process a 2001 response from a server).

      No, MS seems to accept a range of schemas, as do we.

      - Sam Ruby
    • Tony Hong
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2001
        Sam (and Apache guys in general):

        One other datapoint on the apache 2001 issue:

        I have an Apache (5/1 build) client calling the echoString method on the
        GLUE ilab server. The response from GLUE comes back fine (using 2001) but
        the apache client chokes on it. When I rig a server to return the * EXACT
        SAME * envelope, but with "2001" changed to "1999" on the xsd and xsi
        definitions , no exception results and the apache client deserializes
        happily.

        I've attached the client "echoString.java" , the apache request wiredump,
        the GLUE response wiredump, and the resulting exception that occurs in the
        Apache client.

        Clearly, you guys have gotten apache to deserialize 2001 messages returned
        from a server in Raleigh, so I'm wondering what's missing in my client
        program.

        TIA for any assistance.

        Tony

      • graham glass
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2001
          hi guys,

          the MS WSDL http://131.107.72.13/test/typed.asmx?WSDL uses xsd:ur-type.
          i thought the name of this was in fact xsd:anyType.

          please advise.

          cheers,
          graham
        • graham glass
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2001
            hi guys,

            the MS .NET WSDL
            http://131.107.72.13/DotNetRemoting2001Typed/InteropService.WSDL
            refers to s4:SOAPStruct[], where
            xmlns:ns4="http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/SoapInterop.Xsd2001.Type
            d/SoapInterop"

            but there is no schema definition for this targetNamespace,
            and so my WSDL parser fails.

            is this an error, and if so, could someone fix it?

            thanks!
            graham
          • Yann Christensen
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2001
              Yes the WSDL looks incorrect. Should have a fix for that tomorrow.

              thanks,
              Yann

              but there is no schema definition for this targetNamespace,
              and so my WSDL parser fails.

              is this an error, and if so, could someone fix it?

              thanks!
              graham

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2001
                urType was the old name, anyType is what's used in recent versions of XML
                schema. What you use therefore depends on the the version of schema.

                Noah Mendelsohn Voice: 1-617-693-4036
                Lotus Development Corp. Fax: 1-617-693-8676
                One Rogers Street
                Cambridge, MA 02142