Re: [soapbuilders] Fault/detail child elements in .NET Remoting endpont

  • Rosimildo da Silva
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2001
      From: Simon Fell
      To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [soapbuilders] Fault/detail child elements in .NET Remoting
      endpont

      >>its becoming apparent (to me anyway) that SOAP is more and more an
      >>application of XML Schema's and less and less of anything else, and
      >>that the simple part is somewhere in distance behind us.
      >>
      >>The fact that a 30 page "simple" spec relies on a 2" thick schema spec
      >>is making a mockery of this whole business, particularly given the not
      >>very stable base that has been XML Schemas.
      >>
      >>Perhaps down the road, when there are a number of programmatic
      >>toolkits for working with schema's (much like today's set of current
      >>XML1.0 +NS tools), SOAP will be simple, in the mean time, anyone doing
      >>any serious SOAP work needs to both (a) have a good understanding of
      >>XML Schemas and (b) be prepared to write all the schema support code.
      >>
      >>Now, where was the XML-RPC spec again ?

      This is what I think 100%. I couldn't said better.
      Let's face it, these XML Schemas are utterly complex. And SOAP as
      "simple protocol" should stay away of it as much as possible.

      I was thought of SOAP as a simple way of exchange messages. An application
      needs to talk to some service, it does not need anything, but a "socket
      connection",
      put a couple of XML tags together, and *bang*, send the message over the
      socket.
      Wait a response, and *easily* parse the response back. The biggest problem
      *today* is that
      now to validated this response, you must implement code to validate all
      possible
      combinations of the XML Schema. The *simple* part is each day more distant.

      Rosimildo.