SOAPBid - Client update

  • matthewlangham@yahoo.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
      I have just updated the SOAPBid test client at:

      http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/soapbid

      You can now purchase widgets using the SimpleBuy method.

      Unfortunately Jonathan's server still throws the deserialization
      exception in Apache Soap (and I have updated that to 29.4.2001
      nightly version):

      SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.microsoft.com/soap/encoding/clr/1
      .0 http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" ... Sam Ruby encountered
      the same problem when we were in Raleigh last week ... he made a fix
      to Apache Soap while we were there
      <<

      Can anyone help me on that?

      Also the EasySoap++ endpoint does not currently seem to be there..

      As always comments welcome

      Best regards

      Matthew Langham
    • David Crowley
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
        > Can anyone help me on that?
        >
        > Also the EasySoap++ endpoint does not currently seem to be there..

        I looks like my ISP doesnt allow "servers" on port 80 and so they're
        dropping the packets... Probably to protect people from themselves who
        run IIS out of the box. I restarted it on port 8080 and it should at
        least do something now....

        I updated the WSDL doc too. Do you have to do anything Matt or should
        it just start working?

        > As always comments welcome
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Matthew Langham
      • graham glass
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
          hi guys,

          what features does a SOAP server need in
          order to participate in the vegas interop event?

          i'm going to put up a GLUE endpoint in a day or so
          for testing all the basic features (primitives,
          arrays, structures) and i'd like to figure
          out the remaining features i need to qualify
          for the event.

          - timeInstant?
          - base64?
          - href/id encoding?
          - href/id decoding?
          - SOAP headers?
          - other stuff?

          thanks!

          - graham

          > Also the EasySoap++ endpoint does not currently seem to be there..

          I looks like my ISP doesnt allow "servers" on port 80 and so they're
          dropping the packets... Probably to protect people from themselves who
          run IIS out of the box. I restarted it on port 8080 and it should at
          least do something now....

          I updated the WSDL doc too. Do you have to do anything Matt or should
          it just start working?

          > As always comments welcome
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Matthew Langham

        • Paul Kulchenko
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
            Hi, Graham!

            inline.

            --- graham glass <graham-glass@...> wrote:
            > what features does a SOAP server need in
            > order to participate in the vegas interop event?
            >
            > i'm going to put up a GLUE endpoint in a day or so
            > for testing all the basic features (primitives,
            > arrays, structures) and i'd like to figure
            > out the remaining features i need to qualify
            > for the event.
            >
            > - timeInstant?
            no, AFAIR. did we decide to do date?

            > - base64?
            no.

            > - href/id encoding?
            no

            > - href/id decoding?
            yes, to understand responses/requests from MS toolkits

            > - SOAP headers?
            no

            > - other stuff?
            structs/arrays and couple of basic types is all that you need as far
            as I remember.

            Best wishes, Paul.

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • matthewlangham@yahoo.de
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
              > I updated the WSDL doc too. Do you have to do anything Matt or
              should
              > it just start working?

              Yes. It is magic :-).

              The client will check for any servers registered and show them. As
              you have hopefully seen - your endpoint is working fine. However I
              need to now actually pass in something as an Address on SimpleBuy -
              as it seems you are actually returning it :-).

              I will see to that tomorrow - hopefully (I am on holiday today).

              Best regards

              Matthew Langham
              Check out the SOAPBid client at:
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2001
                I have made a few slight changes to my client at:

                http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/soapbid

                Not all the registered endpoints seem to be currently working.

                Best regards

                Matthew Langham