SOAPBid endpoint in EasySoap++

  • David Crowley
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2001
      So I took a stab at implementing a bidding service. How can I test it?
      Are there some clients out there that can bang on it?

      Here's the endpoint and WSDL info:

      Endpoint: http://indy.no-ip.com/cgi-bin/bidbuyservice.exe
      WSDL: http://easysoap.sourceforge.net/bidbuy.wsdl

      The endpoint is (very) temporary...

      Thanks,

      David
    • radosek@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
        Hi David,

        I tried to connect to your service. Idoox WASP fails with Buy
        operation. This is what I got:

        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
        ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-
        ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV::Sever</faultcode><faultstring>Could
        not find element by name: zipcode</faultstring></SOAP-
        ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        zipcode or zipCode? I use zipCode...

        Radovan Janecek
        idoox.com

        --- In soapbuilders@y..., David Crowley <dcrowley@s...> wrote:

        > So I took a stab at implementing a bidding service. How can I test
        it?
        > Are there some clients out there that can bang on it?
        >
        > Here's the endpoint and WSDL info:
        >
        > Endpoint: http://indy.no-ip.com/cgi-bin/bidbuyservice.exe
        > WSDL: http://easysoap.sourceforge.net/bidbuy.wsdl
        >
        > The endpoint is (very) temporary...
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > David
      • Paul Kulchenko
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
          Hi, David and Radovan!

          What's this? Cut-n-paste error?

          > ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV::Sever</faultcode><faultstring>Could
          -----------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

          Best wishes, Paul.

          --- radosek@... wrote:
          > Hi David,
          >
          > I tried to connect to your service. Idoox WASP fails with Buy
          > operation. This is what I got:
          >
          > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-

          ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-
          > ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV::Sever</faultcode><faultstring>Could
          > not find element by name: zipcode</faultstring></SOAP-
          > ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
          >
          > zipcode or zipCode? I use zipCode...
          >
          > Radovan Janecek
          > idoox.com
          >
          > --- In soapbuilders@y..., David Crowley <dcrowley@s...> wrote:
          > >
          > > So I took a stab at implementing a bidding service. How can I
          > test
          > it?
          > > Are there some clients out there that can bang on it?
          > >
          > > Here's the endpoint and WSDL info:
          > >
          > > Endpoint: http://indy.no-ip.com/cgi-bin/bidbuyservice.exe
          > > WSDL: http://easysoap.sourceforge.net/bidbuy.wsdl
          > >
          > > The endpoint is (very) temporary...
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > David

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • David Crowley
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001

            > Hi David,
            >
            > I tried to connect to your service. Idoox WASP fails with Buy
            > operation. This is what I got:
            >
            > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
            > ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-
            > ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV::Sever</faultcode><faultstring>Could
            > not find element by name: zipcode</faultstring></SOAP-
            > ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
            >
            > zipcode or zipCode? I use zipCode...
            >
            > Radovan Janecek
            > idoox.com

            My typo. Try again. I thought zipcode was one word...
          • David Crowley
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001

              > Hi, David and Radovan!
              >
              > What's this? Cut-n-paste error?
              >
              > > ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV::Sever</faultcode><faultstring>Could
              > -----------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              >
              > Best wishes, Paul.

              Oh! I see how you are. You want it spelled correctly and only a
              SINGLE colon... Sheesh... Relax! ;)

              I fixed it for now. I totally need to redo my fault handling. It's
              pretty broken right now...

              Thanks,

              David
            • graham glass
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
                hi guys,

                i've noticed that some of you use "all" in WSDL to describe
                a structure, and others using "sequence". if we're
                allowing the members of the structure to be sent/received
                in any order, shouldn't it be "all"? if this is true,
                could someone update the current bidding WSDL to reflect this?

                cheers,
                graham
              • radosek@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
                  Even worse,

                  now I'm not able to get neither SimpleBuy nor Buy response.
                  As I'm reading your SOAP messages sent back to me, I see you forgot
                  to define namespace for prefix d.

                  <E:Envelope xmlns:E="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                  xmlns:A="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                  xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
                  xmlns:y="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
                  E:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><E:Body><m
                  :SimpleBuyResponse xmlns:m="http://www.soapinterop.org/Bid"><result
                  s:type="d:string">Bill To:
                  address
                  widgets Quantity: 3 Price: 30.00
                  </result></m:SimpleBuyResponse></E:Body></E:Envelope>

                  What is a d:string?

                  Radovan

                  Btw, would you be so kind and register with
                  http://www.idoox.com:8000/vegas/results.jsp. It would facilitate
                  tracking of our effort...