RE: [soapbuilders] Added echoDate, echoBase64 to Frontier endpoint

  • Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 25 8:05 AM
      >As for changing SOAPAction, currently we rely on its value to
      >route a request. I'll have to take a look at the code and see
      >if it's possible for me to change it easily, without breaking
      >any other interfaces. In particular, the colon character may
      >cause problems, and our server implementation doesn't know how
      >to route based on request URI.

      Note that the SOAPAction field is not just a string with a colon in it -
      it is a URI following the rules defined by RFC2396. You can't just treat
      it as any old string.

      Henrik

      [1] http://rfc.net/rfc2396.html
    • blm@halcyon.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 25 9:34 AM
        |I'm accepting base64 (99)

        Paul,

        Can you point me to the 1999 schema that has base64? I can't find it so
        I'm obviously looking in the wrong places.

        Thanks,
        Brian
      • Jonathan Hawkins
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 25 9:39 AM
          Hi Jake

          Excellent!

          Another item I stumbled upon this morning. Your test
          (http://jake.soapware.org/stories/storyReader$215) is sending :

          <SOAP-ENV:Header>
          <MustUnderstandThis SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1"/>
          </SOAP-ENV:Header>

          The SOAP spec says the following :
          http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383497

          "4.2 SOAP Header
          "A header entry is identified by its fully qualified element name, which
          consists of the namespace URI and the local name."
          ..."

          It would be great if you could add the namespace URI as per the spec.

          Something else which I have found that trips up some implementations is
          the following wording in the soap spec

          "4.2.1 Use of Header Attributes
          "The absence of the SOAP mustUnderstand attribute is semantically
          equivalent to its presence with the value "0"."
          ..."

          thanks
          -jhawk

          You can actually use any method namespace you want. It's ignored. ;->

          As for changing SOAPAction, currently we rely on its value to route a
          request. I'll have to take a look at the code and see if it's possible
          for me to change it easily, without breaking any other interfaces. In
          particular, the colon character may cause problems, and our server
          implementation doesn't know how to route based on request URI.

          I'll look into it.

          -Jake

          on 4/24/01 7:17 PM, Jonathan Hawkins at jhawk@... wrote:

          > Hi Jake
          >
          > Is it possible to change your interop endpoint to use the following:
          >
          > SOAPAction: "urn:soapinterop"
          > Namespace: http://soapinterop.org/
          >
          > Most the endpoints on http://www.xmethods.net/ilab/ are using these
          > common items.
          >
          > -jhawk

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Paul Kulchenko
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 25 9:56 AM
            Hi, Brian!

            http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmlschema-2-19991217/

            There is no such type in 1999 schema. It's defined in SOAP schema as
            binary type with specified encoding as far as I remember:

            <simpleType name="base64" base="binary">
            <encoding value="base64"/>
            </simpleType>

            3.2.9 binary
            [Definition:] binary represents binary data. The value space of
            binary is the set of finite sequences of binary bits.

            3.2.9.1 Constraining facets of binary
            binary has the following constraining facets:

            encoding
            length
            minlength
            maxlength

            2.5.2.12 encoding
            [Definition:] encoding is the encoded form of the lexical space of
            binary (�3.2.9). The value of encoding must be one of {hex, base64}
            [RFC 2045].

            In 2001 schema those types (base64 and hex) became part of 'primitive
            datatypes' (as base64Binary and hexBinary).

            Best wishes, Paul.

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • blm@halcyon.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 25 11:13 AM
              |http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmlschema-2-19991217/

              Ok, that's the one I'm looking at too.

              |There is no such type in 1999 schema.

              Good, that's what I thought.

              |It's defined in SOAP schema as
              |binary type with specified encoding as far as I remember:
              |<simpleType name="base64" base="binary">
              | <encoding value="base64"/>
              |</simpleType>

              Yes, that looks right.

              |In 2001 schema those types (base64 and hex) became part of 'primitive
              |datatypes' (as base64Binary and hexBinary).

              That's what I thought too.

              I think I've got it now, but I'd appreciate someone checking this, I've
              probably managed to get something wrong. Given:

              xmlns:xsd1999="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
              xmlns:xsd2000="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
              xmlns:xsd2001="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

              the following are valid ways to send base64 encoded data:

              xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64"
              xsi:type="xsd1999:binary" encoding="base64"
              xsi:type="xsd2000:binary" encoding="base64"
              xsi:type="xsd2001:base64Binary"

              xsd:base64 isn't valid, for xsd any of the www.w3.org schemas.

              Thanks,
              Brian
            • Tony Hong
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 25 11:14 AM
                I can add both echoDate and echoBase64 to the test document so that new
                implementors will instantiate these new methods right off the bat.

                In the existing document, we explicitly specify the xsi:type value for the
                parameters being thrown around but clearly , we have schema version
                dependencies now. (SOAP-ENC:base64 and 1999,base64Binary and 2001).

                Does it makes sense for me to leave the types unspecified (since some
                implementations are 1999, others 2001, ec) and let the interop matrix show
                us where the mismatches are?

                Tony

              • Andrew Layman
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 25 11:59 AM