RE: [interopathon] what defines inter-op ?

  • Keith Ballinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2001
      This sounds right to me. The SOAP spec itself says that to be a SOAP
      implementation you must:

      * use a body, envelope, and well formed XML
      * set SOAPAction over HTTP (along with content type to xml)
      * return and understand faults (including returning HTTP 500 error
      when you return them)
      * handle mustUnderstand headers to say that you don't understand
      them if you don't

      But that isn't enough to be interesting is it? We also need:

      * Section 5 (as you point out below, primitives, arrays of
      primitivies, structs cover 90% of the interesting stuff)
      * More interesting headers support
      * abritrary XML in the <Body> support (really interesting if you
      are a schema-head!)

      We all need to do everything from the first list, but we can assume that
      works, if we do item #1 from the second list. And geting that to work
      (that being basic section 5 support), I agree with you that we are
      getting the major interesing pieces.