FW: [SOAP] Interopathon plan

  • Tony Hong
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2001
      FYI...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SOAP [mailto:SOAP@...]On Behalf Of Dave Winer
      Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 3:40 PM
      To: SOAP@...
      Subject: [SOAP] Interopathon plan

      Dear member of the SOAP 1.1 community..

      I've spent the last month talking with many implementors of SOAP 1.1. We all seem to want interop, and some have asked me to help get a process organized that gets us to interop asap.

      I totally concur, there's no point to doing SOAP in our software if it doesn't interop smoothly. So I've drafted a plan for a process I'm calling "Interopathon," a roughly 60-day process that could be fun and enlightening, and also create the next layer for developing the Internet.

      Here's the proposal. Earlier today I sent this to a few people I know pretty well and have worked with. An interesting discussion developed, I should have known it would, and now before it gets too deep, I wanted to open the process fully so members of all the SOAP lists have a chance to review the plan, comment, give it a thumbs up or down, or propose their own plans for achieving interop in the SOAP 1.1 world.

      http://www.soapware.org/interopathonPlan

      Please let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas, and also let me know how you want to participate.

      Dave Winer

    • graham glass
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2001
        yes, i definitely want to be part of that!