[ANNOUNCE] Axis2 1.5.1

  • Glen Daniels
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      Hi all:

      The Apache Axis2 team is pleased to announce the release of Axis2 version 1.5.1.

      Major Changes Since 1.5:

      * Fix for the dreaded "CLOSE_WAIT" problem (JIRA issues 935, 2883, etc).
      We now share an instance of HTTPClient across each ConfigurationContext (i.e.
      each Axis2 server or ServiceClient) - connection reuse is now automatic. This
      means the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT flag is no longer necessary or useful, nor is
      creating your own MultithreadedHttpConnectionManager. We also now throw a
      useful exception after 30 seconds if you DO run into connection starvation
      issues.

      * Transport deployer is now actually functional, and getListenerManager()
      in ConfigurationContext now creates a new LM if there isn't one already.

      * Fix for AXIS2-4034, module versions now support real versions like "1.5.1"

      * NPE problem (see AXIS2-4114) fixed in MessageContext while retrieving
      policy.

      You can find the new version at the usual location:
      http://ws.apache.org/axis2

      (please note that it may be an hour or two before all the mirrors update)

      Please report any issues via JIRA:
      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2.

      As always, we welcome any and all feedback at:
      axis-dev@... - for developer-related questions/concerns
      axis-user@... - for general questions, usage, etc.

      Also, don't forget that ApacheCon 2009 is around the corner, November 2-6 in
      Oakland CA! Many of the Axis2 / Apache Web Services developers will be on
      hand, and we're running a track day for the project on Thursday. We hope to
      see you there.

      Sign up today at http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/

      Thanks for your interest in Apache Axis2!

      --Glen Daniels