SOAP messaging [Newbie question]

  • its_mba
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2007
      Hello Group

      I am a true newbie, new to this group and new to SOAP technology. I've
      developed an application with Btrieve 6.15 and have a few XML files as
      a result.

      I need to connect to a website via a SOAP message. I also have a WSDL
      file but do not know how to proceed. I understand that I may have to
      send the information as a data stream through a socket?

      My clients would have to upload information to this site regularly, so
      I'd like a solution which can be integrated with my application.

      Ian
    • nilesh_s_ghorpade
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
        Hi Ian,

        Once you have the WSDL of the Web Service you can use any of the
        available tools which allow you to parse the WSDL and create a SOAP
        message. Once you have a handle on the SOAP message you can send the
        same through to your web site.

        The tools that I know of are AXIS (java and C++ support), XFire (java
        support as far as I know) and gSOAP (C++ support)

        Hope that helps you.

        Regards

        Nilesh