RE: [soapbuilders] Problems with deserialization of SOAP Response (Complex Type from Apache Websevi

  • John Lim
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
      Hi Gregor,

      I have not had the opportunity to experiment with the situation that you described, but I have encountered issues with the opposite - meaning, I cannot consume 'untyped' types such as Dataset in .NET from Java based clients (including Apache).  I believe the issue is the same.

      One thing I can suggest is to have the web service 'take apart' the hashtable, which in Java is really a collection of tuples of "key" and "value", insert them in an array of Items and send them over. If you do not have the luxury of modifying the web service, create another web service, based in Java, consume the web service and then do the 'translation' into an array. This way, the .NET client can safely consume this data.

      What do you think?

      John Lim