interoperability issues with XSD constructs - lacking examples

  • ejv02
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      Hello, I have heard many times of interoperability problems with
      xs:choice and other constructs regarding data binding tools. However I
      don't manage to understand where is the problem.
      For example, Java don't support choice, but the db tool generates an
      interface of the xs:choice. For example, JAXB converts

      <xs:complexType
      name="volume">
      <xs:choice>
      <xs:element
      ref="book"/>
      <xs:element
      ref="journal"/>
      </xs:choice>
      </xs:complexType>

      interface Volume {
      BookType getBook();
      void setBook(BookType);

      JournalType getJournal();
      void setJournal(JournalType);
      }

      So where is the issue?

      Please, I'd appreciate to hear someone giving specific examples real
      problems, or pointing somewhere. I have had a look to the W3C Workshop
      on XML Schema 1.0 User Experiences and Interoperability and they raise
      these kind of problems but don't give any concrete example, so it is
      very difficult to understand where is the issue.

      Thanks in advance for any help,
      -Enric
    • ejv02
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
        I found a more approapiate place for such questions: the XML Schema
        Patterns for Databinding Working Group
        (http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/ )
        Best,
        -Enric